Sunday, August 14, 2011

Was it Just Frizz?

Pretty much anyone that knows me, knows that I love curly hair.  When I am talking to someone, especially if I just met them, they will say "I love your hair!"  To which I usually respond, "Thank you, I do too." ;)  Let me tell you how I discovered my curls.

My hair has been frizzy ever since I was twelve years old or so.  I am not just talking about any kind of frizz either, I mean... it was one big, poofy ball of frizz.  So, to hide that problem I wore it in braids all of the time.  (If I hadn't of I would show you pictures... it was bad.)

Last summer I discovered a book, Curly Girl: The Handbook by Lorraine Massey.  This book was absolutely incredible!  It told all about how to take care of your curls.  This was like unheard of!  A book on curly hair?  Everyone I had talked to so far had told me to straighten it (which I had refused to do).  I read the book cover-to-cover several times.  I implemented everything that was practical for me to do at that time.  after a while my hair was curly, and I could wear it down.  It still wasn't perfect, though, and it didn't look like the pictures of the curls in the book.

Frizz is just a curl waiting to happen.  To be curl'tinued... 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You figured out how to blog! LOL ;) Your hair is beautiful! I was looking through some camp pics from a couple years ago with you in them. What a change lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. LOL I am still learning. :) Thanks, I know it has changed a lot!

    ReplyDelete