Monday, August 15, 2011

Once Upon a Curl...

The curl'tinued story. :)

My Grandfather, who happened to be a barber, was quite aghast that I didn't shampoo my hair.  (I will explain more about this later).  So, at Christmas time as part of my Christmas present he decided to do this hot oil treatment on my hair.  The point of this treatment was to repair damaged hair, supposedly making it look healthy and shiny.  I didn't think it would work on my hair, but I went along with it.  I didn't want to offend him.  In the end, it ended up making my hair a lot worse than it already was.  Besides the fact that they shampooed it, they also combed through it without any conditioner in it which broke off a bunch of hair.

I did a lot of research on the curly girl book when I got back home.  I found a few facts on their website, and implemented them.  I also discovered that a newer version of the curly girl book was coming out in January.  I bought the newer book and read it.  It was much better than the last book!  It had more types of curls, how to cut curly hair and more updated questions and answers.  I loved it!!

I went onto the curly girl website and looked up to see if I could find a curly girl salon around here, so I could get my hair cut.  The closest one was in Eureka, Missouri; however, my grandparents live close to there, so we booked an appointment for February; which is when we would be up there next.

This lady cut my hair, and she did an amazing job!  She looked at each separate curl and cut each one so they would all be the same length.  While I was at her salon I also bought Deva Curl hair products and a diffuser.  These products are created by Lorraine Massey, the lady that wrote Curly Girl.  They have been absolutely amazing on my hair!

This is my story.  I will write more later about the chemistry and method behind the curly girl book. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment