Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Trust in the Lord and do Good...

Summer has been a busy time for me this year.  To sum things up let me say... Camp JOY!!
Camp JOY is a Bible camp located in the backwoods of Ava, Missouri.  There are three weeks for kids to attend, depending on their age.  The first week is for children ages 7-9, the second week is ages 10-12 and third week is ages 13-18.

This year I was blessed to be able to help out in the kitchen second week with 5 other ladies, one of which is my close friend. :)  It was a lot of fun, and such a blessing just to be at camp, but also to be able to serve those kids by cooking for them! It was really nice to be able to talk to, and get to know the kids even though I wasn't counseling!  Over the week there was 10 campers saved!! Praise God... such a joy!!!

The third week I attended as a camper.  This was my 6th year to attend, and it has always been a blessing to be there.  This year our theme was "I'll Just Keep Trusting My Lord", so all of the classes and songs were centered around trust.  I was in a cabin with 19 other girls.  This was the most number of girls I have ever been with!  It was a lot of fun to get to know all of the other girls, because I only knew 4 of them. :)  My counselors were Miss Allison and Hannah.  They were really an encouragement and blessing to me!

One of the major things that we do as a cabin at camp is memorize scripture.  I love memorizing, so I always look forward to it!  Mrs. Allison really likes doing motions with the verses, so that was a lot of fun. :)

All of the counselors sang this song as a special in chapel one evening... I really liked it, and I hope it will be a blessing to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment