Saturday, September 1, 2012

Through the Faith of Christ

A friend of mine and I are memorizing part of Philippians 3.  Well the other day we were on verses 7-9 and my friend asked me.. "what do you think this means?" ...that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:  I thought about it for a while. (I was making lunch at the time ;))  Then all of the sudden it clicked.  I was so excited that I had to tell you all. :)

The key is in the beginning of the verse.  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law,  Whenever we see someone that we view as godly or righteous we see it through their works.  By following the law we are working righteousness.  (If that makes any sense.)  Our best day.. that day when we did everything right.  The day that we were serving, helping and loving people even when they weren't appreciative..  God says "...all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags.."  Just think, though.  Compared to the righteousness and glory of God... What is our righteousness?  It's as filthy rags.

Paul understood that, so he said "...not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:"  As Christians, when we get saved we are born again.  God imputes his righteousness unto us, by faith.  What is faith?  Faith is believing.  So when we believe on Jesus he imputes his righteousness to us.

As a Christian, when God looks at us he doesn't see our failed attempts of serving him...  he sees Christ.  He sees Jesus.  A sinless perfect man.  The righteousness which is of God by faith.  Hallelujah!  What a Savior we have. <3

But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: ~Philippians 3:7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment