Thursday, September 13, 2012

About my Car... ;)

So, I'm pretty sure that God has been teaching me about trust..  Recently I wrecked my car.  I didn't understand why God allowed it to happen, and yes, I shed a few tears.  Yet, as I watched the towing guy load my car up onto his tow truck (yes, I totaled it :P), there was a peace within me.  I thought, "Lord, I know you are trying to teach me to trust you, but what am I going to do?!  Help me to trust you!"  I do have a job, and college classes so I pretty much relied on my car for everything.  The insurance I had on my car was just liability, so it only covered the other vehicle in the accident.  I was pretty much on my own to buy a new car.

Through the accident, no one was injured and it was pretty much the best of what could have possibly happened.  God is faithful.  The night before the accident my friend and I were discussing how God lets us do stupid things, but he protects us.  He allows us to learn and grow through all the foolish things we get ourselves into.  How true that statement proved to be the following day!

When I got home that day I was pretty much still in shock from everything.  I praised the Lord for protecting us, and asked him to help me trust him.  I didn't really ask for a car, though.  I just prayed that God would work everything out according to his will.

The next day I started searching Craigslist for a car.  I had bought my previous car off of Craigslist in April.  So I was pretty short on money now, since I had just bought a car 5 months ago.  I was looking for a car that was $2000 or less.  I don't know if you know this or not, but cars that cheap are rather hard to come by.  I didn't come up with any cars that day.  That evening I prayed for a car.  I prayed that I would find a car soon; it would be under $2000; it would be blue; it would have lowish miles; it would be an automatic; it would be cute. ;)

The following day was a Sunday, so I didn't get on Craigslist until the afternoon.  I found a few cars that were cheap enough and quickly ruled them all out but two.  One of them was a 2002 Dodge Neon.  They didn't have any pictures up of it or anything, but they said they could text pics, so I asked her to send me some.

The car looked good and everything.  I had to go to work, so I told the lady that I would ask my dad what he thought of it, and get back with her.  Later I asked my dad and he said it looked good if I liked it.  We happened to be going into town the next day, so I texted the lady back and asked her if I could see it the next morning.

That evening I prayed that God would make it clear if it was his will that I buy that car.  I prayed that if he wanted me to have the car, I would get it for $1600. (They were asking $2000.)  The next morning my mom and I went to see the car.  It was everything I'd prayed for.  When it came time to buy it I asked if she would take any less on it.  She said yes and to make an offer.  So, I held my breath and offered $1600.  She took it.  God obviously wanted me to buy the car, so I did.

The people I bought the car from were so nice and helpful.  I was only out a car for three days.  I praise God for his faithfulness!!  I still don't understand why God allowed me to wreck my previous car, but I pray that he would be glorified through everything that happens concerning it.  I love my new car.  I think it's cute. ;) God is so good. <3   

No comments:

Post a Comment