Wednesday, August 22, 2012

This one time at camp... :)

I was blessed to be able to help out at Camp JOY this year.  The first week of July was when the younger kids (ages 7-9) went.  I was in the kitchen then, working with some of the most amazing women ever! :)  I slept a lot that week, because I wanted to be prepared for the next week when I counseled.  It was a lot of fun, though, and I enjoyed being able to talk to some of the kids. :)

The second week of July I co-counseled with another lady.  The age of the kids that week was 10-12, although, most of the girls in my cabin were younger.  It was such a blessing to be able to minister to the girls and just get to know them.  There were eleven girls in my cabin, and they were all so fun. :)

The third week of July I went as a camper.  It was such an amazing blessing; and I can honestly say, the best week of camp I've ever had! :)  I was in a cabin with 19 other girls.  There were a lot of us, but we made it work! :)  The theme for camp this year was Forward with Christ.  It was the most convicting week of camp I've ever had.  I knew when I got there the first day that there was going to be some things I was going to have to give up if I was going to go forward with Christ.  It took me a few days, but God got me to the point of surrender.  He is so good!!  I praise his holy name for everything that he did at camp this year.

Wherefore, seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses; let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us:  looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him, endured the cross, despising the shame and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment